Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
How the Habitat ReStore Benefits the Community
- Habitat ReStore sales support Habitat for Humanity of Magic Valley’s primary objectives of building OR remodeling affordable, energy efficient houses for low-income families, and for urban residential neighborhood rehabilitation.
- Homeowners, landlords, and remodelers have access to materials at low prices, allowing them to maintain their properties, thus increasing neighborhood property values and strengthening the community.
- Habitat ReStore diverts large amounts of reusable materials form the landfills, saving valuable resources as well as saving the donor from paying disposal costs.
- Daily operations provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
Thank you for your support. Your donations may be tax deductible!
Donating Materials to the Habitat ReStore
- Step 1: When you have good, reusable or new materials, give us a call at 208-735-1233. You will be asked for a description of the materials to assess whether it is an appropriate donation. We prefer donors include delivery of the materials to the store as part of their donation, so please indicate if you are able to deliver your donation to the Habitat ReStore when you call.
- Step 2: Call back to schedule pickup time, if necessary.
- Step 3: If the Habitat ReStore is picking up donated items, we will call the day before to confirm the pick-up. For the safest, most efficient pick-ups, please follow these guidelines:
- Acceptable used and surplus building materials
- Cabinets: clean, up-to-date and usable condition
- Plumbing: usable fixtures, current parts and supplies
- Electrical: usable lighting fixtures, parts and supplies, ceiling fans
- Windows: insulated glass, seals intact, no sashes accepted.
- Hardware: knobs, hinges, locks, nails, cabinet pulls, nuts, bolts, screws
- Lumber: at least 6’ in length, nail-free
- Doors: in good condition.
- Roofing: Full bundle of shingles minimum
- Carpet: no stained carpet, 30 sq. ft. plus
- Tools: hand, garden, working power tools
- Flooring: wood, ceramic tile, vinyl
- Millwork/trim: wood casing and base (clean), vinyl base
- Miscellaneous: masonry, sheathing, drywall supplies.
- JUST TO NAME A FEW: Criterion may vary. Please call.